Tuesday 21 April 2009

Stage 1 - Giving up the Mega Toxins

Hello, Namaste, Sat Nam, Merry Meet and Bright Blessings!

Welcome to Elfy's Detox Diaries


This is the first time that I have ever thought about attempting a de-tox, I am 36 this year and it is about time that I did this really. Like most people, I have abused my body in many ways through the years and with many different toxins.

As I now see my body as a gateway to the inner temple of the divine, I am going to start treating it as such.


I started my journey to better health the minute I went vegan, about 18 months ago. The plan was to also give up the alchohol, the 7 cups of coffee a day, the daily weed smoking and the nicotine, before I start ageing and wishing that I had looked after myself more whilst it counted.


I am lucky as I found that giving up alchohol was easy, you just have to spend your nights out repeating the words "no, I really don't want a drink thank you", "I'm not being boring, I actually would prefer an orange juice" and "if you don't stop trying to make me drink alchohol then I am going home"...as a Meercat once said to me...SIMPLES!

I have had a couple of social drinks now and then but have not got stupendously drunk from binge drinking like I used to for 5 years now!


Caffiene...arrgghh nasty stuff man! I gave that up 2 years ago... I have gone from a 7 cups of freshly ground coffee a day to nothing...overnight!

It was HORRIBLE! I will never go back to doing that...it makes you think "what the hell was it doing to my body?"

I had a phenominal headache for 3 DAYS! solid! nothing would shift it! but after that, it was over...no more cravings, I still adore the smell of freshly ground coffee but I no longer feel the need to consume the stuff. I now drink Jasmine Green tea, everyday.


Giving up Marijuana (weed) is not so easy, it is what got me through a traumatic childhood, traumatic teen life and then I have been on and off the weed all my adult life. I was using it as a de-stress, wind down and chill out tool. It helped me to sleep and stopped me from remembering dreams and a lot of other stuff too. I have given it up for long periods of time before so I know I can do it.

I am currently withdrawing from the weed as from Sunday night - today is day 2 of withdrawal.

I have been lucid dreaming like crazy, I do not feel tired in the mind but my body is shattered. I wake up every hour, dreaming like I am still awake and having night sweats. It should only last for a week or so but it is essential for it to be out of my system for my de-tox to be fully effective from day one.

The nicotine...hmmmm....well, I attempted a give up last year and lasted for 4 weeks but my methods were unorthadox; I spent 4 days in Amsterdam saturating my system with THC
(Tetrahydrocannabinol - this is the active ingredient in Marijuana), so that I would not notice the nicotine withdrawal, hee hee hee! It worked by the way but obviously not for long.

A de-tox should last for 7 days so it might be a bit hard and I will no doubt go through psychological barriers but I am determined to do it properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment